All-age services 2008
There’s more to life than food!
Main Street Community Church’s monthly all-age service
10.30am Sunday morning, See below for 2008 dates
The fruit of the Spirit
What sort of people are Christians? Or, rather, what sort of people should they be! First and foremost, of course, they are people who have a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. The Bible says that this relationship begins when a person is “born again” by God’s Holy Spirit after recognising Jesus Christ as Lord.
Christians aren’t, and don’t claim to be, perfect! Rather, we believe that God wants to change our characters and make us into the kind of people He intends us to be. In the New Testament this is shown as a gradual change in character as God’s Spirit works in us. It’s called bearing fruit — the fruits of the Spirit!
In 2008 we are going to look each month - except for three specials — at this fruit and learn how God wants to, and is able to, change us. Come and learn with us!
Dates & themes for 10.30am All-Age Services, 2008
- January 13th “Love: the greatest and the best”
- February 10th “Joy: deep-down satisfaction”
- March 9th “The sacrifice of Jesus”, an Easter special
- April 13th “Peace: in this warring world?”
- May 11th “Patience: Lord give it to me - now!”
- June 15th “Special! Welcome to ‘Life 08’!”
- July 13th “Kindness: is still the best way?”
- August 10th “Goodness: without being ‘holier than thou’!”
- September 14th “Faithfulness: is it still relevant?”
- October 12th “Gentleness: ... without being a softie!”
- November 9th “Self-control: choosing how I behave”
- December 21st “The greatest gift!”, a Christmas special
Our teaching comes from the Bible because we know it works!
These subjects concentrate on the qualities Christians are encouraged to exhibit.
We want there to be something for everyone!
So, whatever age you are, whatever “family” means to you, come along and join us. We promise you a real welcome - a place where you can feel welcome, be yourself, make friends and hear a bit more about what Christians believe (and have a cup of tea or coffee!)
Our All-Age services in 2008 will aim to communicate the Christian faith with fun, with enthusiasm and, above all, relevance!
If you don’t consider yourself a churchgoer just give it a try. Our services last about 1 hour with refreshments to follow.
You never know, you might like it and it could change your life!!
The All-age services programme for 2007 is still available, if you want to see it
[Images on this page were provided by Bible Picture Gallery]