Sunday Morning talk given by Tim Coad on .
The total length is . It has been encoded from cassette tape. There is six seconds silence at 15 minutes 45 seconds to represent the break of a minute or so as the tape is turned over.
Play in browser
[0:10] Psalm 1
Reading from NIV
[2:13] Introduction to series
“Reflections on Some Psalms”
[2:57] Sit, Walk Stand
- God wants us secure
- God wants us happy
What does Psalm 1 have to say about this?
[7:32] Standing and walking: negative and positive
- “Blessed …””
- Consider the blessings …
- Compare Matthew 5 (Beatitudes)
- How can we know God’s blessings in a wicked world?
- Psalmist’s goal = avoid the wicked! (Swimming against the tide!)
- Holiness is a choice!
[15:07] Standing still: nourished and growing
Psalm 46 verse 10: “Be still and know that I am God”. A call to reflection or a command to recognise God’s authority
Psalm 1 v2
- God calls us to rely on his promises (His Word!)
- Meditation on God’s Word
- Read it
- Share it
- Talk through it
- choose to live according to it!
[20:49] Bearing fruit: for a positive future!
Psalm 1 v3
- In knowledge of God
- In security
- In happiness
- Not necessarily same as the world!
- Rather … Knowing my worth and strength for challenges!
- To reject world’s attitudes
- To study and believe God (together!)
- To discover what God means by prosperity
This talk is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License