Some resources for when we cannot meet together
Suggested by and for the congregation
On this page
- Finance, debt, and food
- Christian worship
- Spring Harvest 2020
- Church Services, Sermons, and Teaching
- Bible reading and prayer apps
- Sovereign Grace Music on YouTube
- Integrity Music on YouTube
- Bethel Music on YouTube
- Hillsong on YouTube
Spring Harvest 2020
Spring Harvest at Home, 13–17 April, but many of the sessions are still available to watch.
Discussion, theology, Bible Study – thanks to those in the congregation who made suggestions!
- Ask N T Wright Anything
- 24-7 Prayer podcasts
- Chalke Talks consider different ways of looking at the Bible
- The Mid-Faith Crisis. Joe Davis, a friend of Paul W, is a little irreverent, but humorous and thought-provoking in this weekly podcast, along with his friend Nick Page, a Christian author.
- Brian Draper. Sign up to daily reflections, written the day before they are sent.
- Nancy Goudie
Church Services, Sermons, and Teaching
- Jeff Lucas at Timberline Church
- Methodist Central Hall, London
- Holy Trinity, Brompton
- Oasis Church
… and don't forget the collection of our own recorded talks.
- Pray-As-You-Go is also available as a free app for Android and iOS. Pray As You Go is a daily prayer session, produced every day of the working week and one session for the weekend. It provides a framework for your own prayer. Lasting between ten and thirteen minutes, it combines music, scripture and some questions for reflection.
- PrayerMate is a free app for iOS and Android. PrayerMate brings all your prayer points together: personal prayer points for friends and family, updates from mission organisations, or PDF prayer letters. PrayerMate can put it all together in one place and help you get on and pray.
- Prayer During the Day and Daily Prayer.
- Many of us are using the Church of England Prayer During the Day every weekday at 9.30am, wherever we are. Today’s prayer guide is at Prayer during the day for Wednesday 19 May 2021. This is also available as an app, Time to Pray, that presents everything you need for Prayer During the Day, with variations according to the day of the week and the season of the Church’s year. It also includes Night Prayer (Compline). The app is compatible with smartphones and tablets (iPhone/iPad iOS 9.0+ and Android 5.1.1+). As of March 2020, the app is free to download and use.
- If you want the full Church of England Morning Prayer service, today’s service is at Morning Prayer for Wednesday 19 May 2021. This is also available as an app, Daily Prayer helps you to follow Morning, Evening and Night Prayer, wherever you are. For every day of the year, it presents the three services in full for both contemporary and traditional formats, and includes Bible readings (NRSV translation), psalms, canticles, and seasonal variations. The app is compatible with smartphones and tablets (iPhone/iPad iOS 9.0+ and Android 5.1.1+). The app is free to download, a subscription costs £2.99 a year.
- Lectio365 is a daily devotional resource that helps you pray the Bible every day. From 24-7 Prayer International, it is a free app for iOS and Android.
Helpful Links about finance, debt advice, and food
To register as a clinically extremely vulnerable person – https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable
Self-employed income scheme – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-a-grant-through-the-coronavirus-covid-19-self-employment-income-support-scheme
- Information about being furloughed – https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/coronavirus-if-your-employer-has-told-you-not-to-work/
- If you can't pay your bills – https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/if-you-cant-pay-your-bills-because-of-coronavirus/
- Changes to benefits – https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/coronavirus-check-if-there-are-changes-to-your-benefits/
The Entitled to benefits calculator – https://www.entitledto.co.uk/
Money Advice Service
- Free debt advice – https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/tools/debt-advice-locator
- Budgeting tool – https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/coronavirus-and-your-money#step-1-do-an-emergency-budget
- From the accountancy professional body, the FCA, – https://www.fca.org.uk/coronavirus
- For migrants in front-line jobs – https://theconversation.com/coronavirus-migrants-in-frontline-jobs-not-entitled-to-any-financial-help-if-they-get-sick-134970
Map of independent food banks – https://www.foodaidnetwork.org.uk/independent-food-banks-map
General: finance, mental health, paying bills, mortgage holidays, etc. – https://www.justfinancefoundation.org.uk/coronavirus-help-hub
… and if you are local to us and cannot get out, do remember the Helping Hands service.