History and past events
The fellowship started in 1976 when a group of families meeting with Brook Chapel in Runcorn started holding services in their homes in Frodsham and then holding services in the Frodsham Community Centre. It is still going!
Other pages have more on the history of Christian life on the site of Main Street Community Church.
Some Past Events
- In July we had a visit from a YWAM team Find out more about YWAM by following this link. The YWAM (Youth with a Mission) team were made up from people from Brazil, USA and Australia. They came to Frodsham to spend just over a week with folk from the area. They visited local schools and nursing homes and met people on market day. After staying with us they completed their trip by travelling down to London for outreach work as part of the Olympic games.
- Christmas Journey was hosted again on behalf of Frodsham Churches Together. Some photographs from Christmas Journey 2011
- Mike Vickers visited us on Sunday morning 15 May and then at ’Open Door’ on the same afternoon. has highlights of Mike’s cross walk from Glasgow to Chester.
- Mothering Sunday in England is on the fourth Sunday of Lent, 3 April in 2011. For some years we have presented a daffodil flower to the ladies of the congregation. Some photos from the 2011 service included these (two selected from five):
- Freedom in Christ course.
- A parenting course started in October 2009
- September 20 to 27, an eco-week where Christian faith met environmental responsibility and climate change.
- The afternoon of June 14 Family Fun Day in Castle Park. The day ended with a special “Songs of Praise”-style event
- At the end of May, Dave Bennett of Bridge-Builders led three sessions to help, encourage and challenge us in helping people we know to consider Christianity.
- Just Curious? about the Christian faith?
- Men’s visit to Mitchell Group
- A series on the ten commandments for today
- Topics from a Church family meeting on 25 February 2009
- Our theme for the year is “Keep on keeping on”
- Life ’08 from June 13 to June 22
- In April the church building was used for a two-day Christian RE Resource Exhibition for local teachers
- After many years, from April 7 2008, Vale Royal Citizens Advice Bureau closed the drop-in service for advice held at the church building on Thursday mornings
- In March Easter Journey was in the church building for a second year
- The programme of All-age services for the year was based on the fruit of the spirit
- In January, our theme for the year was announced as “Give me also springs of living water”
- Pictures from the 2007 Candle-lit carol service
- July 15. Public service of re-dedication following the change of name. Also the first public showing of the Prodigal Son paintings in the hall.
- July 1. Name change from Main Street Chapel to Main Street Community Church.
- Easter: the first production of Easter Journey.
- What’s my place in this church? seminar on March 24
- 2007 had a series of all-age services, a detailed teaching programme, a theme: “With God Nothing is Impossible” and a vision statement.
- Pictures from the 2006 Candle-lit carol service
Christmas Journey 2006
... for children from 4 to 8 to enjoy the Christmas Story
The team putting this together was from different churches in the town. The event was supported by Frodsham Churches Together, Wellspring Christian Trust and the Frodsham Christmas Festival.
You can see some photographs from the 2006 event.
- As in many previous years, in December 2006 we held a senior’s Christmas tea.
- In Autumn 2006, Tim Coad joined us as Lead Elder. Read more about Tim and Eunice and Tom.
- During the 2005 Frodsham Christmas Festival, Christmas Journey returned to Frodsham. You can see some photographs from the 2004 and 2005 events.
- November 11 to 13 2005. The Mbale Youth Brass Band visited and performed music, drama and dance. They gave performances at Chester Cathedral and Frodsham Methodist Church on the Saturday and took part in the service at Main Street Community Church on the Sunday. There are some photographs from the weekend.
- Easter 2005. Some members of the 2004 mission team visited Main Street Community Church. There are a few photographs on the Mission 2004 page
Christmas Journey 2004
The team putting this together was from different churches in the town. The event was supported by Frodsham Churches Together, Wellspring Christian Trust and the Frodsham Christmas Festival team. You can see some photographs from the 2004 and 2005 events.
- For two years to November 2004, Philip and Helen Clarke shared their lives with us and ministered to us. Philip modelled the role of lead elder to help the leadership adapt to this different style of church organisation.
- 25 June to 5 July, 2004. We had the privilege of sharing with and learning from a team from Timothy Ministries. We renewed old friendships and made new ones as we shared together the good news of Jesus. There were events for everyone, including baseball, basketball and free food! There are some photographs here.
- In Lent 2004 we worked through Rick Warren’s book The Purpose Driven Life
2002 and earlier
- In January 2002, The Labyrinth visited Main Street Community Church. Creative and reflective, restful and searching, a walk through the labyrinth will refresh your senses and your spirit. Visit the website to experience it on the Internet. The labyrinth website.
- Local Alpha courses
- Thanks to Richard, Marian, Judy, Ron, Tom, Philip and Jean who came from the USA to share in the Main Street Mission from 9 to 19 June, 2000.
- Taking part in the Churches Together in Frodsham Creative Faith exhibition (June 2000)
- Taking part in the Frodsham Millennium Mystery Play (April 2000)
- Life and Death Decisions. Community Bible Studies from the book of Acts. On Thursdays at the Wellspring Centre, Church Street, Frodsham, each week for ten weeks from January to March 2000. 1.30pm to 3pm repeated at 7.30pm to 9pm. Led by Dr Larry Alan Correll.
- Walk Thru the Old Testament. A Friday evening and Saturday overview of the whole of the Old Testament at Main Street Community Church on 4 and 5 February 2000. More information from the Walk Thru the Bible Ministries UK Website.
- On 1st July 1999, Larry and Susan Correll of Timothy Ministries joined us for two years to help with leadership and direction of the fellowship.
- On a weekend in March 1998 the Reverend Richard Russell, formerly lecturer in philosophy at Manchester College, Oxford, then Vicar of Widcombe, Bath, spoke to us about “New Millennium … New Vision?”. The sessions were entitled “Where there is no vision the people perish” and “Living Between Memory and Hope”.
- In October 1997 the Frodsham Churches arranged for the Bible Experience Exhibition to visit Frodsham.
- The World Vision 24/30-hour famine was been tackled by the Youth Fellowship several times.
- Imagine, by Dr Andrew Basden, is an update of Matthew 25 for those in the IT industry.